McQ Scaffolding Ltd, from Croydon, has a complete range of scaffolding services available for clients across London and the Home Counties. The majority of our work takes place in the domestic sector, but we have experience in commercial projects too. A reputable scaffolding company must comply with current industry regulations, and with HSE legislation, to ensure a safe, reliable system that meets the job’s requirements.
Our scaffolding contractors have 20 years, and more, of trade experience. All of them can supply, deliver, construct, dismantle and remove our equipment, systems and accessories.
Although McQ Scaffolding Ltd principally covers Croydon and South West London, we have the manpower, and the resources needed, to undertake projects across Greater London and the surrounding Home Counties too. If you need a reliable scaffolding company, call 07834 241 185. We will happily answer your questions, and we follow up each call with a site survey, a consultation and an obligation-free quotation.
Our scaffolding contractors have experience in the design and construction of all of the following systems:
- Access Scaffolding – Our custom-built access scaffolding provides you with a safe and stable platform to work on. You can rely on us to find the best access solution, even on the most difficult-to-reach part of a project.
- Chimney Scaffolding – When a chimney needs repairing, our contractors can provide you with safe, secure access to the roof. Chimney scaffolding allows for quick and safe repairs. We also build temporary roofing structures.
- Façade Access – Our scaffolding company can create you a practical solution for accessing façades. This can offer help for installations, refurbishments, renovations and maintenance. We use either hanging or narrow systems.
- Roofline Scaffolds – Do you need custom scaffolding for domestic or commercial guttering work? Our scaffolding company supplies systems specifically designed for your fascia, soffit and guttering replacement projects.
- Supported Scaffolds – Support scaffolding consists of one or more platforms, held by various rigid components like outrigger beams, brackets, legs, poles, posts and frames, all of which fix to the ground for more stability.
- Scaffolding Towers – Interior and exterior scaffolding towers offer more stability than ladders when undertaking work at height. These structures comfortably fit one or more tradesmen, as well as their tools and materials.
- Roof Scaffolds/Ladders – Our scaffolding contractors can construct roof ladders and roofing scaffolds for safe roof access. This is the safest, most efficient way to work on roof structures in Croydon and South West London.
- Scaffold Staircases – If you need frequent access to high areas with limited space, scaffold stairs and staircase systems provide the perfect solution. Our scaffolding contractors can integrate stairs into any design spec.
- Rubbish Chutes – By having a rubbish chute fitted to your scaffolding, you can clear waste from different levels of the building in safety. All materials disperse into a skip at ground level for easy removal from worksites.
- Edge Protection – Anybody working at height must use an edge protection system, including weights and frames. This is essential equipment that offers fall protection for contractors, and which keeps materials contained.
- Handrails – We fit handrails in line with current work at height legislation. This includes having top guardrails fitted a minimum of 950mm above the working platform, and with gaps between the rails of no more than 470mm width.
- Safety Equipment – Our scaffolding company is one of very few in the region to specialise in the supply and fitting of safety netting. We also provide our customers with a range of supporting safety equipment, including hoists.
Work at Height Regulations 2005
The Work at Height Regulations 2005 state that scaffolding contractors must inspect any structures they assemble to ensure safety over the duration of their use. Any scaffold that provides access to work at height must undergo further inspection at regular intervals of no more than 7 days, or after major adaptation, alteration or severe weather. The scaffolding company holds the responsibility for inspections.
Sites in Croydon, South West London and the Home Counties must keep a scaffold register.
McQ Scaffolding Ltd has a comprehensive inspection service available, covering the initial inspection and the handing over of the appropriate certification free of charge.
Inspections every 7 days thereafter include the following chargeable items:
- Full inspection of individual scaffolding components
- Written report on each component inspected
- Issue of the tag, fixed to the inspected scaffolding
- Sign off scaffold register in line with WAHR requirements
Our supervisors have CISRS Advanced Scaffolder and Advanced Scaffold Inspection certificates. Please contact us for further information.
When you hire McQ Scaffolding Ltd, you have access to our scaffolding contractors 24 hours a day, 7 days of the week. We understand that emergencies can happen at any time, so we never limit ourselves to restricted operating hours.
Customers in Croydon and South West London have access to the following emergency services:
- Emergency scaffolding to safely support buildings
- Scaffolding and temporary roofing after a fire
- Inspections and repairs after storm damage
- Emergency scaffolding and safety netting repairs